Latest complete week March 1–March 7
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Carson in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|2700 block of West Alondra Boulevard||Aggravated assault||March 6, 7:56 p.m.|
|1700 block of Bayview Avenue||Grand theft auto||March 5, 4:30 a.m.|
|21200 block of South Avalon Boulevard||Grand theft auto||March 4, 12:14 p.m.|
|800 block of East Desford Street||Robbery||March 4, 10:55 a.m.|
|19000 block of South Coslin Avenue||Theft from vehicle||March 4, 1:55 a.m.|
|500 block of East Carson Street||Aggravated assault||March 3, 7:39 p.m.|
|21900 block of Dablon Avenue||Burglary||March 3, 1:50 a.m.|
|22800 block of South Figueroa Street||Aggravated assault||March 2, 11:30 p.m.|
|400 block of West Torrance Boulevard||Theft from vehicle||March 2, 12:47 p.m.|
|20700 block of South Figueroa Street||Theft from vehicle||March 2, 12:35 p.m.|
|22400 block of South Alameda Street||Burglary||March 1, 9:20 p.m.|
|20900 block of South Margaret Street||Burglary||March 1, 5:30 p.m.|
|22500 block of South Marine Avenue||Grand theft auto||March 1, 4:30 p.m.|
|21800 block of South Grace Avenue||Grand theft auto||March 1, 2 p.m.|
|2700 block of East 220th Street||Homicide||March 1, 3:34 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, Aug. 5, 2013 to Feb. 2, 2014
- Over the last six months, the rate of 124.6 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Harbor City and West Carson and lower than Rancho Dominguez, Compton, Wilmington, Harbor Gateway and West Compton.
- The 2000 population count of 89,549 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (168)
Property crimes (948)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days