Latest complete week July 14–July 20
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Carson in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|223rd and Edgar streets||Theft from vehicle||July 20, 9:46 p.m.|
|600 block of East University Drive||Theft||July 18, 10:47 p.m.|
|600 block of West Sepulveda Boulevard||Theft from vehicle||July 18, 9:27 p.m.|
|20700 block of South Avalon Boulevard||Burglary||July 16, 2:52 p.m.|
|300 block of West Carson Street||Burglary||July 16, 3:20 a.m.|
|22200 block of South Grace Avenue||Burglary||July 16, 1 a.m.|
|18000 block of South Cairo Avenue||Burglary||July 15, 10:45 p.m.|
|23900 block of South Avalon Boulevard||Theft||July 15, 8:57 p.m.|
|18100 block of South Mettler Avenue||Grand theft auto||July 15, 5 p.m.|
|400 block of East Swope Street||Theft from vehicle||July 15, 9:22 a.m.|
|20700 block of South Avalon Boulevard||Theft||July 14, 8:09 p.m.|
|800 block of East Dominguez Street||Aggravated assault||July 14, 8:30 a.m.|
|21000 block of South Shearer Avenue||Theft from vehicle||July 14, 3:45 a.m.|
|24700 block of South Ravenna Street||Theft from vehicle||July 14, 1:50 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, Dec. 16, 2013 to June 15, 2014
- Over the last six months, the rate of 129.1 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Harbor City and West Carson and lower than Rancho Dominguez, Compton, Wilmington, Harbor Gateway and West Compton.
- The 2000 population count of 89,549 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (138)
Property crimes (1,018)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days