Latest complete week Feb. 25–March 3
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Carson in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|500 block of East Carson Street||Aggravated assault||March 3, 7:39 p.m.|
|21900 block of Dablon Avenue||Burglary||March 3, 1:50 a.m.|
|22800 block of South Figueroa Street||Aggravated assault||March 2, 11:30 p.m.|
|400 block of West Torrance Boulevard||Theft from vehicle||March 2, 12:47 p.m.|
|20700 block of South Figueroa Street||Theft from vehicle||March 2, 12:35 p.m.|
|22400 block of South Alameda Street||Burglary||March 1, 9:20 p.m.|
|20900 block of South Margaret Street||Burglary||March 1, 5:30 p.m.|
|22500 block of South Marine Avenue||Grand theft auto||March 1, 4:30 p.m.|
|300 block of East 169th Street||Burglary||Feb. 27, 3:52 p.m.|
|500 block of West Carson Town Center||Theft||Feb. 27, 1:41 p.m.|
|20700 block of South Avalon Boulevard||Robbery||Feb. 26, 9 p.m.|
|200 block of East Sepulveda Boulevard||Burglary||Feb. 26, 3 p.m.|
|Anchor and Fairhaven avenues||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 26, 3:45 a.m.|
|Brenner Drive and Wadley Avenue||Burglary||Feb. 25, 12:45 p.m.|
|1300 block of East Diamondale Drive||Burglary||Feb. 25, 2:30 a.m.|
|500 block of East Lomita Boulevard||Grand theft auto||Feb. 25, 2 a.m.|
|23400 block of Maribel Avenue||Grand theft auto||Feb. 25, 1:45 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, Aug. 5, 2013 to Feb. 2, 2014
- Over the last six months, the rate of 124.6 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Harbor City and West Carson and lower than Rancho Dominguez, Compton, Wilmington, Harbor Gateway and West Compton.
- The 2000 population count of 89,549 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (168)
Property crimes (948)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days