Violent crime reports are up significantly. About »
- 27,849 population in 2000, according to the U.S. Census
- 34,811 population in 2008, based on L.A. Department of City Planning estimates.
- 207,440 daytime population, according to SCAG estimates.
- 5.84 square miles
- 4,770 people per square mile, among the lowest densities for the city of Los Angeles but about average for the county
Household income in thousands of 2000 dollars
- 17.9% of residents 25 and older have a four-year degree, about average for the city of Los Angeles and about average for the county
- In Los Angeles County, Quartz Hill, Lakewood and Unincorporated Catalina Island have the nearest percentage of residents 25 and older with a four-year degree.
- The percentage of residents 25 and older with less than a high school diploma is high for the county.
Ancestry and immigration