Household income in thousands of 2000 dollars
- $34,408 median household income (2008 dollars), about average for South L.A. but low for the county
- In Los Angeles County, East Compton, El Monte and Mid-City have the most similar household incomes.
- The percentages of households that earn $20,000 to $40,000 and $20,000 or less are high for the county.
- 2.4% of residents 25 and older have a four-year degree, low for South L.A. and low for the county
- In Los Angeles County, Wilmington, Walnut Park and Boyle Heights have the nearest percentage of residents 25 and older with a four-year degree.
- The percentage of residents 25 and older with less than a high school diploma is high for the county.
Ancestry and immigration