Latest complete week Nov. 15–Nov. 21
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Florence-Firestone in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|8300 block of Miramonte Boulevard||Aggravated assault||Nov. 21, 9:15 p.m.|
|1500 block of 77th Place||Theft from vehicle||Nov. 21, 3 a.m.|
|7300 block of Elsie Street||Grand theft auto||Nov. 20, 8:30 p.m.|
|1700 block of 85th Street||Grand theft auto||Nov. 20, 9:19 a.m.|
|1300 block of East Gage Avenue||Grand theft auto||Nov. 20, 8:15 a.m.|
|7000 block of South Central Avenue||Grand theft auto||Nov. 20, 7:20 a.m.|
|Slauson and Central||Theft from vehicle||Nov. 19, 6 p.m.|
|1400 block of Florence Avenue||Theft||Nov. 19, 12:04 p.m.|
|1700 block of 66th Street||Grand theft auto||Nov. 19, 11:42 a.m.|
|6100 block of South Central Avenue||Theft||Nov. 19, 8:30 a.m.|
|2000 block of 76th Street||Grand theft auto||Nov. 18, 7:50 p.m.|
|8600 block of Hooper Avenue||Grand theft auto||Nov. 18, 10:45 a.m.|
|2100 block of East 92nd Street||Grand theft auto||Nov. 18, 7:10 a.m.|
|9400 block of Parmelee Avenue||Theft from vehicle||Nov. 18, 4 a.m.|
|8700 block of Zamora Avenue||Theft from vehicle||Nov. 18, 2:40 a.m.|
|Compton Avenue and Firestone Boulevard||Aggravated assault||Nov. 17, 11:46 a.m.|
|1800 block of East Slauson Avenue||Theft||Nov. 17, 8:30 a.m.|
|1117 87th Place||Theft from vehicle||Nov. 17, 5:30 a.m.|
|1400 block of Gage Avenue||Grand theft auto||Nov. 16, 3:14 p.m.|
|92nd and Hickory streets||Robbery||Nov. 16, 12:30 p.m.|
|9100 block of Fir Avenue||Theft||Nov. 16, 2:15 a.m.|
|1300 block of 68th Street||Grand theft auto||Nov. 16, 12:45 a.m.|
|7300 block of Compton Avenue||Grand theft auto||Nov. 15, 8:37 p.m.|
|1200 block of East 61st Street||Theft||Nov. 15, 7:45 p.m.|
|7300 block of South Alameda Street||Theft||Nov. 15, 5 p.m.|
|95th Street and Croesus Avenue||Robbery||Nov. 15, 7:14 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, April 21, 2014 to Oct. 19, 2014
- Over the last six months, the rate of 157.3 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Central-Alameda, Lynwood and Walnut Park and lower than Green Meadows, Florence, Watts and South Park.
- The 2000 population count of 60,154 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (267)
Property crimes (679)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days
- Florence-Firestone is covered by one police jurisdiction.
|Century||Sheriff||11703 Alameda St.||323-568-4800|