Latest complete week July 10–July 16
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Florence-Firestone in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|64th Street and Central Avenue||Robbery||July 16, 11 p.m.|
|1300 block of 103rd Street||Robbery||July 16, 7:14 p.m.|
|Gage and Central avenues||Rape||July 15, 10:30 p.m.|
|1700 block of East 71st Street||Aggravated assault||July 15, 9 p.m.|
|1200 block of East 61st Street||Theft||July 15, 8 p.m.|
|8000 block of Alix Avenue||Theft||July 15, 12:40 p.m.|
|71st Street and Wilson Avenue||Burglary||July 15, 7 a.m.|
|Compton and Gage avenues||Robbery||July 14, 6:33 p.m.|
|5800 block of South Central Avenue||Theft||July 14, 3 p.m.|
|6600 block of Compton Avenue||Robbery||July 14, 1:10 p.m.|
|1200 block of East 61st Street (Deleted)||Theft from vehicle||July 14, 1:10 p.m.|
|6700 block of Converse Avenue||Theft||July 14, 3 a.m.|
|1300 block of 70th Street||Theft from vehicle||July 14, 2 a.m.|
|1700 block of Firestone Boulevard||Theft||July 13, 3:30 p.m.|
|8300 block of Compton Avenue||Theft from vehicle||July 13, 10 a.m.|
|1700 block of 83rd Street||Theft from vehicle||July 13, 4 a.m.|
|1600 block of East Florence Avenue||Burglary||July 13, 12:20 a.m.|
|8900 block of South Maie Avenue||Theft||July 12, 2:15 p.m.|
|103rd and Success||Robbery||July 12, 11 a.m.|
|7400 block of Compton Avenue||Grand theft auto||July 12, 3 a.m.|
|7600 block of Graham Avenue||Theft||July 11, 4 p.m.|
|1400 block of East 96th Street||Burglary||July 11, 3 p.m.|
|1700 block of Firestone Boulevard||Theft||July 11, 9:20 a.m.|
|1300 block of 76th Place||Grand theft auto||July 11, 12:17 a.m.|
|7600 block of Compton Avenue||Theft||July 10, 11 p.m.|
|1300 block of East 103rd Street||Aggravated assault||July 10, 9:35 p.m.|
|1300 block of 61st Street||Theft from vehicle||July 10, 3 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, Dec. 16, 2013 to June 15, 2014
- Over the last six months, the rate of 148.1 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Central-Alameda, Lynwood, Walnut Park and South Park and lower than Green Meadows, Florence and Watts.
- The 2000 population count of 60,154 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (273)
Property crimes (618)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days
- Florence-Firestone is covered by one police jurisdiction.
|Century||Sheriff||11703 Alameda St.||323-568-4800|