Latest complete week Feb. 7–Feb. 13
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Florence-Firestone in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|Slauson and Central||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 13, 4:30 p.m.|
|1000 block of East 74th Street||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 13, 3:10 p.m.|
|1400 block of East Florence Avenue||Theft||Feb. 12, 10 p.m.|
|58th Drive and Compton Avenue||Robbery||Feb. 12, 3:05 p.m.|
|6300 block of Miramonte Boulevard||Grand theft auto||Feb. 12, 4 a.m.|
|1200 block of 74th Street||Grand theft auto||Feb. 12, 3 a.m.|
|1200 block of 81st Street||Grand theft auto||Feb. 12, 2:15 a.m.|
|Central and 75th Street||Robbery||Feb. 11, 8 p.m.|
|95th and Laurel streets||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 11, 3 p.m.|
|7700 block of South Central Avenue||Grand theft auto||Feb. 11, 10:25 a.m.|
|1300 block of Florence Avenue||Robbery||Feb. 11, 3:44 a.m.|
|1126 East 70th Street||Grand theft auto||Feb. 11, 12:22 a.m.|
|1000 block of East 73rd Street||Grand theft auto||Feb. 10, 5 p.m.|
|Elsie Street and Florence Avenue||Grand theft auto||Feb. 10, noon|
|Bell Avenue and Firestone Boulevard||Robbery||Feb. 10, 7:47 a.m.|
|1700 block of 63rd Street||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 10, 1:30 a.m.|
|68th Street and Makee Avenue||Theft||Feb. 10, 12:30 a.m.|
|92nd and Grape streets||Grand theft auto||Feb. 9, 7 p.m.|
|1600 block of East 76th Street||Grand theft auto||Feb. 9, 2:55 p.m.|
|1800 block of East 62nd Street||Grand theft auto||Feb. 9, 6:10 a.m.|
|1154 East 59th Place||Grand theft auto||Feb. 9, 1 a.m.|
|6400 block of Makee Avenue||Burglary||Feb. 8, 7 a.m.|
|1500 block of East 89th Street||Grand theft auto||Feb. 7, 9:50 p.m.|
|1300 block of East 103rd Street||Aggravated assault||Feb. 7, 8:53 p.m.|
|7300 block of Alameda Street||Grand theft auto||Feb. 7, 8 p.m.|
|8700 block of Banoera Street||Theft||Feb. 7, 6:15 p.m.|
|7400 block of Alameda Street||Theft||Feb. 7, 3:43 p.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, July 18, 2016 to Jan. 15, 2017
- Over the last six months, the rate of 152.4 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Lynwood and Walnut Park and lower than Green Meadows, Central-Alameda, Florence, Watts and South Park.
- The 2000 population count of 60,154 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (248)
Property crimes (669)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days
- Florence-Firestone is covered by one police jurisdiction.
|Century||Sheriff||11703 Alameda St.||323-568-4800|