Latest complete week Feb. 15–Feb. 21
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Lancaster in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|700 block of West Avenue I||Theft||Feb. 20, 12:38 p.m.|
|1000 block of West Lancaster Boulevard||Theft||Feb. 20, 5:07 a.m.|
|700 block of West Lancaster Boulevard||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 20, 4:40 a.m.|
|2900 block of West Avenue L||Theft||Feb. 19, noon|
|45100 block of Valley Central Way||Theft||Feb. 18, 4:14 p.m.|
|43600 block of 13th Street West||Theft||Feb. 17, 8:07 p.m.|
|42700 block of Tempo Drive||Grand theft auto||Feb. 17, 11:40 a.m.|
|200 block of West Lancaster Boulevard||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 17, 3 a.m.|
|700 block of East Avenue I||Burglary||Feb. 16, 11:37 p.m.|
|45200 block of Valley Central Way||Burglary||Feb. 15, 10 p.m.|
|44300 block of 20th Street West||Theft||Feb. 15, 8:30 p.m.|
|43500 block of Gadsden Avenue||Burglary||Feb. 15, 6 p.m.|
|2300 block of West Avenue K-15||Theft||Feb. 15, 5:57 p.m.|
|2900 block of East Avenue I||Aggravated assault||Feb. 15, 1:45 p.m.|
|44700 block of Valley Central Way||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 15, 10 a.m.|
|1100 block of Commerce Center Drive||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 15, 9:37 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, July 22, 2019 to Jan. 19, 2020
- Over the last six months, the rate of 51.2 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Palmdale, Northwest Antelope Valley, Northeast Antelope Valley, Northwest Palmdale and Quartz Hill.
- The 2000 population count of 120,783 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (160)
Property crimes (458)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days