Latest complete week Jan. 10–Jan. 16
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Lancaster in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|800 block of West Avenue K||Robbery||Jan. 16, 4:50 p.m.|
|44300 block of 20th Street West||Burglary||Jan. 16, 12:40 a.m.|
|43300 block of Drivers Way||Burglary||Jan. 15, 10:30 p.m.|
|45500 block of 10th Street West||Grand theft auto||Jan. 15, 2:40 p.m.|
|1200 block of West Avenue I||Aggravated assault||Jan. 15, 1:48 p.m.|
|1400 block of West Avenue I||Theft||Jan. 15, 3 a.m.|
|43600 block of 17th Street West||Theft||Jan. 15, 12:44 a.m.|
|1200 block of West Avenue I||Theft||Jan. 14, 8:45 p.m.|
|43400 block of 27th Street West||Aggravated assault||Jan. 13, 5:20 p.m.|
|43600 block of 17th Street West||Robbery||Jan. 13, 8:30 a.m.|
|42100 block of Sierra Highway||Theft from vehicle||Jan. 12, 11:20 a.m.|
|44600 block of Valley Central Way||Theft||Jan. 12, 11 a.m.|
|1700 block of West Avenue J||Robbery||Jan. 12, 12:59 a.m.|
|1100 block of East Avenue J-6||Theft||Jan. 11, 11 p.m.|
|1900 block of East Avenue J||Theft||Jan. 11, 7:14 p.m.|
|1900 block of West Avenue I||Robbery||Jan. 11, 3:45 p.m.|
|44600 block of Valley Central Way||Theft||Jan. 11, 1:04 p.m.|
|44900 block of Andale Avenue||Grand theft auto||Jan. 11, 12:45 p.m.|
|1000 block of West Avenue J||Grand theft auto||Jan. 10, 5:51 p.m.|
|43100 block of 30th Street West||Theft||Jan. 10, 12:25 p.m.|
|400 block of West Lancaster Boulevard||Aggravated assault||Jan. 10, 10 a.m.|
|45300 block of Sierra Highway||Theft from vehicle||Jan. 10, 2:30 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, June 17, 2019 to Dec. 15, 2019
- Over the last six months, the rate of 50.8 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Palmdale, Northwest Antelope Valley, Northeast Antelope Valley, Northwest Palmdale and Quartz Hill.
- The 2000 population count of 120,783 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (170)
Property crimes (444)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days