Latest complete week Aug. 18–Aug. 24
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Lancaster in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|2000 block of West Avenue J-13||Aggravated assault||Aug. 24, 9:45 a.m.|
|43300 block of Gadsden Avenue||Aggravated assault||Aug. 23, 7 p.m.|
|2500 block of West Avenue H||Aggravated assault||Aug. 23, 6:15 p.m.|
|1700 block of East Avenue J||Theft||Aug. 23, 5 p.m.|
|44900 block of Kingtree Avenue||Theft||Aug. 23, 10:30 a.m.|
|300 block of West Avenue J-13||Burglary||Aug. 22, 10:43 p.m.|
|1700 block of East Avenue J||Robbery||Aug. 22, 8:25 a.m.|
|800 block of West Avenue H-2||Aggravated assault||Aug. 21, 11:30 p.m.|
|43500 block of 20th Street West||Theft||Aug. 21, 9:10 p.m.|
|44300 block of Division Street||Aggravated assault||Aug. 21, 2:31 p.m.|
|3200 block of East Avenue J-8||Robbery||Aug. 21, 11:12 a.m.|
|43500 block of 10th Street West||Theft||Aug. 21, 10:42 a.m.|
|44600 block of Valley Central Way||Robbery||Aug. 20, 8:06 p.m.|
|1500 block of West Avenue H-8||Burglary||Aug. 20, noon|
|1200 block of Ivyton Street||Aggravated assault||Aug. 20, 11:47 a.m.|
|1200 block of Commerce Center Drive||Robbery||Aug. 19, 11 a.m.|
|44500 block of Division Street||Burglary||Aug. 19, 5:47 a.m.|
|42400 block of 8th Street East||Grand theft auto||Aug. 19, 5:40 a.m.|
|600 block of East Avenue J-5||Robbery||Aug. 19, 3:26 a.m.|
|44500 block of Valley Central Way||Theft||Aug. 18, 3:15 p.m.|
|20th Street East and Avenue I||Robbery||Aug. 18, 3:50 a.m.|
|43200 block of 16th Street West||Burglary||Aug. 18, 12:45 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, Jan. 26, 2015 to July 26, 2015
- Over the last six months, the rate of 168.7 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Palmdale, Northwest Antelope Valley, Northeast Antelope Valley, Northwest Palmdale and Quartz Hill.
- The 2000 population count of 120,783 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (379)
Property crimes (1,659)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days