Latest complete week Jan. 3–Jan. 9
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Lancaster in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|44300 block of Sierra Highway||Rape||Jan. 9, 5 p.m.|
|500 block of East Lancaster Boulevard||Burglary||Jan. 9, 12:36 p.m.|
|K And Gadsden avenues||Theft from vehicle||Jan. 9, 11:30 a.m.|
|43600 block of 17th Street West||Aggravated assault||Jan. 8, 8:45 p.m.|
|44300 block of Beech Avenue||Aggravated assault||Jan. 8, 4:34 p.m.|
|800 block of East Avenue K-4||Theft||Jan. 8, 3:30 p.m.|
|43100 block of 30th Street West||Burglary||Jan. 8, 12:30 p.m.|
|43600 block of 10th Street West||Burglary||Jan. 8, 2:30 a.m.|
|43300 block of Gadsden Avenue||Theft from vehicle||Jan. 8, 1:30 a.m.|
|43300 block of Gadsden Avenue||Theft||Jan. 7, 10:20 p.m.|
|2900 block of West Avenue L||Aggravated assault||Jan. 7, 8:20 p.m.|
|44600 block of Valley Central Way||Theft||Jan. 7, 10:30 a.m.|
|43600 block of Sierra Highway||Burglary||Jan. 7, 4:40 a.m.|
|1700 block of West Avenue J||Theft||Jan. 6, 3 p.m.|
|43300 block of Gadsden Avenue||Theft||Jan. 6, 12:30 p.m.|
|44200 block of Heaton Avenue||Robbery||Jan. 5, 10:55 p.m.|
|44300 block of 20th Street West||Robbery||Jan. 5, 3:04 p.m.|
|2200 block of West Avenue J||Burglary||Jan. 4, 11:55 a.m.|
|43200 block of Sierra Highway||Aggravated assault||Jan. 3, 6 p.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, June 11, 2018 to Dec. 9, 2018
- Over the last six months, the rate of 94.0 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Palmdale, Northwest Antelope Valley, Northwest Palmdale and Quartz Hill and lower than Northeast Antelope Valley.
- The 2000 population count of 120,783 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (224)
Property crimes (911)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days