Latest complete week June 8–June 14
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Lancaster in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|1700 block of Cactus Drive||Robbery||June 14, 11:17 p.m.|
|2200 block of East Avenue J-8||Grand theft auto||June 14, 2:45 a.m.|
|42200 block of Sierra Highway||Robbery||June 13, 11:30 p.m.|
|44900 block of Trevor Avenue||Theft||June 13, 8:30 a.m.|
|43500 block of Gadsden Avenue||Theft from vehicle||June 11, 11:15 p.m.|
|900 block of West Avenue L||Burglary||June 11, 3:15 p.m.|
|400 block of West Avenue J-8||Burglary||June 11, 4:25 a.m.|
|400 block of Langhorn Street||Theft||June 10, 11:40 p.m.|
|44500 block of Valley Central Way||Theft||June 10, 6 p.m.|
|43600 block of 10th Street West||Theft||June 10, 4:09 p.m.|
|1700 block of Cactus Drive||Aggravated assault||June 10, 2:05 p.m.|
|44500 block of Valley Central Way||Robbery||June 10, noon|
|900 block of West Avenue I||Aggravated assault||June 10, 1 a.m.|
|1200 block of West Avenue I||Theft||June 8, 9:45 a.m.|
|1100 block of Commerce Center Drive||Theft from vehicle||June 8, 12:30 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, Nov. 12, 2018 to May 12, 2019
- Over the last six months, the rate of 52.2 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Palmdale, Northwest Antelope Valley, Northeast Antelope Valley, Northwest Palmdale and Quartz Hill.
- The 2000 population count of 120,783 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (163)
Property crimes (468)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days