Latest complete week Feb. 15–Feb. 21
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Rosemead in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|3900 block of Walnut Grove Avenue||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 20, 7:43 p.m.|
|7600 block of Hellman Avenue||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 20, 12:27 a.m.|
|8900 block of Valley Boulevard||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 19, 8:15 p.m.|
|3100 block of Gladys Avenue||Grand theft auto||Feb. 19, 3:30 a.m.|
|3400 block of Lafayette Street||Grand theft auto||Feb. 19, 2:45 a.m.|
|8500 block of Garvey Avenue||Theft||Feb. 19, 12:45 a.m.|
|2500 block of San Gabriel Boulevard||Burglary||Feb. 19, 12:15 a.m.|
|3600 block of Rosemead Boulevard||Theft||Feb. 18, 1:30 p.m.|
|2200 block of San Gabriel Boulevard||Burglary||Feb. 18, 11:27 a.m.|
|3300 block of Charlotte Avenue||Aggravated assault||Feb. 17, 10:50 p.m.|
|8500 block of Drayer Lane||Grand theft auto||Feb. 17, 6:30 p.m.|
|7700 block of Garvey Avenue||Aggravated assault||Feb. 17, 12:30 p.m.|
|2600 block of Strathmore Avenue||Grand theft auto||Feb. 17, 4 a.m.|
|4000 block of Rosemead Boulevard||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 16, 10 a.m.|
|900 block of Montebello Boulevard||Grand theft auto||Feb. 16, 4:30 a.m.|
|3300 block of Stevens Avenue||Aggravated assault||Feb. 16, 2:55 a.m.|
|2700 block of Walnut Grove Avenue||Aggravated assault||Feb. 15, 9:38 p.m.|
|2500 block of Bartlett Avenue||Grand theft auto||Feb. 15, 9 p.m.|
|7600 block of Garvey Avenue||Robbery||Feb. 15, 8:25 p.m.|
|8300 block of Rush Street||Robbery||Feb. 15, 8:23 p.m.|
|9100 block of Valley Boulevard||Theft from vehicle||Feb. 15, 12:05 p.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, July 22, 2019 to Jan. 19, 2020
- Over the last six months, the rate of 49.4 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby East San Gabriel, South San Gabriel and Temple City and lower than South El Monte.
- The 2000 population count of 53,280 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (50)
Property crimes (213)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days
- Rosemead is covered by one police jurisdiction.
|Temple||Sheriff||8838 Las Tunas Dr.||626-285-7171|