Latest complete week Sept. 27–Oct. 3
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Santa Clarita in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|26500 block of Bouquet Canyon Road||Theft||Oct. 3, 2:54 p.m.|
|26200 block of Bouquet Canyon Road||Theft from vehicle||Oct. 2, noon|
|19200 block of Golden Valley Road||Theft||Oct. 2, 9:36 a.m.|
|27400 block of Fahren Court||Grand theft auto||Oct. 2, 1:07 a.m.|
|24300 block of Valencia Boulevard||Theft||Oct. 1, 10:30 a.m.|
|17900 block of Danielson Street||Grand theft auto||Sept. 30, 6 a.m.|
|26200 block of Mcbean Parkway||Burglary||Sept. 30, 5:30 a.m.|
|23100 block of Soledad Canyon Road||Theft||Sept. 29, 4:35 p.m.|
|26500 block of Carl Boyer Drive||Burglary||Sept. 28, 3:10 a.m.|
|26500 block of Golden Valley Road||Theft||Sept. 27, 8:40 p.m.|
|20000 block of Golden Valley Road||Theft||Sept. 27, 7:15 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, March 5, 2018 to Sept. 2, 2018
- Over the last six months, the rate of 52.5 crimes per 10,000 people is lower than in nearby Unincorporated Santa Susana Mountains, Castaic Canyons, Castaic, Stevenson Ranch and Sylmar.
- The 2000 population count of 157,447 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (78)
Property crimes (749)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days
- Santa Clarita is covered by one police jurisdiction.
|Santa Clarita||Sheriff||23740 Magic Mountain Parkway||661-255-1121|