Latest complete week April 13–April 19
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Santa Clarita in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|24900 block of Orchard Village Road||Theft||April 19, 2:38 p.m.|
|24300 block of Lyons Avenue||Robbery||April 18, 8:30 p.m.|
|23900 block of Mcbean Parkway||Grand theft auto||April 18, 1 p.m.|
|18800 block of Vista Del Canon||Robbery||April 18, 8:30 a.m.|
|27700 block of Newhall Ranch Road||Theft||April 15, 2:39 p.m.|
|21700 block of Golden Triangle Road||Theft from vehicle||April 15, 3:15 a.m.|
|21700 block of Golden Triangle Road||Theft from vehicle||April 14, 1 p.m.|
|27100 block of Mcbean Parkway||Theft from vehicle||April 13, 6 p.m.|
|28200 block of Smyth Drive||Grand theft auto||April 13, 6 p.m.|
|Jakes Way And Sandy Drive||Theft from vehicle||April 13, 12:30 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, Sept. 17, 2018 to March 17, 2019
- Over the last six months, the rate of 34.2 crimes per 10,000 people is lower than in nearby Unincorporated Santa Susana Mountains, Castaic Canyons, Castaic, Stevenson Ranch and Sylmar.
- The 2000 population count of 157,447 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (46)
Property crimes (492)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days
- Santa Clarita is covered by one police jurisdiction.
|Santa Clarita||Sheriff||23740 Magic Mountain Parkway||661-255-1121|