Latest complete week Oct. 16–Oct. 22
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for West Carson in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|1100 block of West Milton Street||Grand theft auto||Oct. 22, 10:33 p.m.|
|1000 block of West Park Circle Drive||Burglary||Oct. 22, 3 p.m.|
|22000 block of South Vermont Avenue||Theft from vehicle||Oct. 22, 11 a.m.|
|Milton Street and Raymond Avenue||Grand theft auto||Oct. 22, 10:30 a.m.|
|228th Street and Vermont Avenue||Theft||Oct. 22, 8:20 a.m.|
|22600 block of South Vermont Avenue||Theft from vehicle||Oct. 22, 6:07 a.m.|
|800 block of West Torrance Boulevard||Robbery||Oct. 22, 1:44 a.m.|
|Carson Street and Vermont Avenue||Grand theft auto||Oct. 21, 9:30 a.m.|
|1000 block of West Lomita Boulevard||Burglary||Oct. 20, 10:30 p.m.|
|21600 block of South Vermont Avenue||Aggravated assault||Oct. 20, 9 p.m.|
|20800 block of South Van Deene Avenue||Robbery||Oct. 20, 8 a.m.|
|20500 block of South Vermont Avenue||Theft from vehicle||Oct. 20, 2:15 a.m.|
|1000 block of West Koleeta Drive||Grand theft auto||Oct. 20, 1 a.m.|
|800 block of West Sepulveda Boulevard||Theft||Oct. 19, 4 p.m.|
|800 block of West Torrance Boulevard||Theft from vehicle||Oct. 19, 8:20 a.m.|
|22500 block of South Normandie Avenue||Theft from vehicle||Oct. 19, 2:15 a.m.|
|22600 block of South Normandie Avenue||Theft from vehicle||Oct. 19, 2 a.m.|
|800 block of West Carson Street||Robbery||Oct. 18, 5 p.m.|
|1000 block of Gian Drive||Grand theft auto||Oct. 18, 4 a.m.|
|1100 block of West 225th Street||Theft||Oct. 18, 1:15 a.m.|
|800 block of West Sepulveda Boulevard||Grand theft auto||Oct. 17, 4:01 a.m.|
|20400 block of South Vermont Avenue||Theft from vehicle||Oct. 17, 2:30 a.m.|
|22600 block of South Meyler Street||Theft from vehicle||Oct. 16, 5 p.m.|
|800 block of West Torrance Boulevard||Aggravated assault||Oct. 16, 11:54 a.m.|
|22100 block of South Vermont Avenue||Grand theft auto||Oct. 16, 8:15 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, March 21, 2016 to Sept. 18, 2016
- Over the last six months, the rate of 166.1 crimes per 10,000 people is higher than in nearby Carson, Harbor City and Wilmington and lower than Harbor Gateway.
- The 2000 population count of 21,010 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (40)
Property crimes (309)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days
- West Carson is covered by one police jurisdiction.
|Carson||Sheriff||21356 S. Avalon Blvd.||310-830-1123|