Latest complete week July 15–July 21
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Westmont in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|110th Street and Vermont Avenue||Grand theft auto||July 21, 5:30 p.m.|
|1300 block of 109th Place||Burglary||July 21, midnight|
|101st Street and Normandie Avenue||Theft||July 20, 10:44 p.m.|
|1100 block of West 90th Street||Aggravated assault||July 20, 10:34 p.m.|
|8900 block of Vermont Avenue||Aggravated assault||July 20, 2:50 p.m.|
|1500 block of West 102nd Street||Homicide||July 20, 12:34 a.m.|
|7000 block of South Saint Andrews Place||Theft||July 18, 5 p.m.|
|2100 block of 102nd Street||Grand theft auto||July 18, 11:20 a.m.|
|800 block of West 103rd Street||Burglary||July 18, 3:05 a.m.|
|103rd Street and Normandie Avenue||Aggravated assault||July 17, 11:28 p.m.|
|10800 block of Western Avenue||Robbery||July 17, 8:11 p.m.|
|Century Boulevard and Normandie Avenue||Aggravated assault||July 17, 3:24 p.m.|
|8800 block of South Vermont Avenue||Aggravated assault||July 17, 2 p.m.|
|2100 block of Vanwick Street||Aggravated assault||July 17, 9:30 a.m.|
|1000 block of West 110th Street||Burglary||July 17, 9 a.m.|
|Vermont and 90th Street||Robbery||July 17, 2 a.m.|
|1400 block of West Century Boulevard||Theft||July 16, 3:45 p.m.|
|110th Street and Western Avenue||Grand theft auto||July 16, 1:43 p.m.|
|1000 block of West 98th Street||Aggravated assault||July 16, 12:30 a.m.|
|1300 block of West 106th Street||Grand theft auto||July 15, 9 p.m.|
|90th Street and Budlong Avenue||Aggravated assault||July 15, 7 p.m.|
|11100 block of Beendo Avenue||Aggravated assault||July 15, 9:30 a.m.|
|1700 block of West 104th Street||Grand theft auto||July 15, 9:26 a.m.|
|1100 block of 98th Street||Grand theft auto||July 15, 6:29 a.m.|
|11200 block of Vermont Avenue||Burglary||July 15, 3:05 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, Dec. 19, 2016 to June 18, 2017
- Over the last six months, the rate of 206.6 crimes per 10,000 people is lower than in nearby Vermont Vista, Vermont Knolls, Athens, Manchester Square and Gramercy Park.
- The 2000 population count of 31,467 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (326)
Property crimes (324)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days
- Westmont is covered by one police jurisdiction.
|Lennox||Sheriff||4331 W Lennox Blvd.||310-671-7531|