Latest complete week July 21–July 27
- Crime reports provided by the L.A. County Sheriff lag behind events, in some cases for a few weeks. Sheriff's officials have said clerical staff shortages delay the processing of addresses needed to map crimes. Because of the delay, The Times’ Crime L.A. database does not provide short-term analysis or alerts about recent rises in crimes for areas patrolled by the sheriff.
- Below is a list of crimes reported for Westmont in the latest seven days. Keep in mind that the number of crimes reported for this time period may increase over the coming weeks as the Sheriff provides additional data.
|Location||Crime||Date and time|
|10500 block of Wilton Place||Aggravated assault||July 27, 10:52 p.m.|
|8700 block of South Vermont Avenue||Theft from vehicle||July 27, 8 a.m.|
|1000 block of West 105th Street||Theft from vehicle||July 27, 2 a.m.|
|10700 block of South Western Avenue||Burglary||July 27, 1:52 a.m.|
|1100 block of 90th Street||Aggravated assault||July 26, 9:45 p.m.|
|10300 block of South Hobart Boulevard||Burglary||July 26, 2:15 p.m.|
|88th Street and Vermont||Theft||July 26, 11 a.m.|
|2000 block of West 103rd Street||Aggravated assault||July 25, 11 p.m.|
|1300 block of West 98th Street||Grand theft auto||July 25, 9:15 a.m.|
|98th Street and Normandie Avenue||Aggravated assault||July 25, 7:42 a.m.|
|96th Street and Vermont Avenue||Robbery||July 25, 12:45 a.m.|
|11200 block of Van Buren Avenue||Grand theft auto||July 23, noon|
|7000 block of South Saint Andrews Place||Theft from vehicle||July 23, 8 a.m.|
|10800 block of St. Andrews Place||Burglary||July 23, midnight|
|Century Boulevard and Normandie Avenue||Robbery||July 22, 8:40 p.m.|
|1200 block of 90th Place||Burglary||July 22, 3:30 p.m.|
|Imperial Highway and Vermont Avenue||Robbery||July 21, 10:45 p.m.|
|1124 West 106th Street||Aggravated assault||July 21, 9:45 p.m.|
|108th Street and Western Avenue||Theft||July 21, 8:35 p.m.|
|1000 block of 91st Street||Burglary||July 21, 6:18 p.m.|
|10900 block of South Vermont Avenue||Burglary||July 21, 3:39 p.m.|
|1200 block of West 107th Street||Theft from vehicle||July 21, 6:30 a.m.|
|1200 block of 106th Street||Theft from vehicle||July 21, 3:30 a.m.|
|1300 block of 92nd Street||Theft from vehicle||July 21, 2:30 a.m.|
- Six-month summaries are based on the latest six months where data are available from all departments, Dec. 23, 2013 to June 22, 2014
- Over the last six months, the rate of 206.9 crimes per 10,000 people is lower than in nearby Vermont Vista, Vermont Knolls, Athens, Manchester Square and Gramercy Park.
- The 2000 population count of 31,467 from the U.S. Census is used to calculate per-capita totals.
Neighborhood Rank Crimes Per 10,000 people
Violent crimes (276)
Property crimes (375)
Monthly totals Adjusted to 30 days
- Westmont is covered by one police jurisdiction.
|Lennox||Sheriff||4331 W Lennox Blvd.||310-671-7531|